Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer

Summer is my favorite season. I'm trying to soak it up with all my senses so that I can remember what paradise felt like during the dark days of February. I stare at the puffy white clouds in the blue sky. I try to memorize the feel of the sun and a cool breeze on my bare skin. I listen to the birds chirp through the open windows. I smell the scent of the pineapple weed as I drive my motorcycle up the patch of green in the middle of the driveway. Today I stopped at the light on Foley Boulevard and 99th. I watched a starling feed a baby bird in a nest located inside the stop and go light pole. I saw an albino squirrel run across 99th, into the grass, and up a tree. By the way, for you numerologist fans, tomorrow's date is 7/8/09!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...