Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lobster


While in Rhode Island we were invited for dinner by two most gracious people who have been a big support to us over the years. They live in a mansion on the bay. They served us surf and turf; lobster and steak. We also had grilled asparagus, macaroni and cheese, salad, and ice cream with fresh strawberries. The three of us watched as she pulled the lobster out of the refrigerator. This kitchen has a semi-circular counter around the stove area and is perfect for watching someone cook. The gigantic pot of water was boiling on the stove. As she opened the white paper bag, the lobsters were moving around slowly, wiggling their legs and moving their claws. Rubber bands forced their claws to stay shut tight. With long handled tongs she dropped the lobster into the boiling water. When all four lobster were in the pot, she put the lid on the kettle and set the timer for 14 minutes. We had a delicious meal. I passed on the lobster and passed on the steak. That night I had a dream that white tailed deer were eating my hands. But my hands weren't flesh hands with five fingers; my hands were lobster claws. The deer were having trouble breaking the shell of my hands. I could hear crunching noises and I remember I didn't like being eaten.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...