Monday, July 20, 2009

Strange Experience



I had the strangest experience going to work this morning. I was nearing the end of my driveway about to turn left. I had the motorcycle in first gear. I'm cautious because some people are in a hurry this early in the morning. As I drew near the road, I looked east and west and saw the coast was clear. I continued moving but heard a sound like a huge vehicle was very close. My eyes saw the road was clear but my ears told me otherwise. Wearing a helmet muffles some sound. My brain wanted to follow what my eyes were telling me but my arms and legs wanted to follow what the ears told me. Part of me wanted to proceed and part of me wanted to wait. I didn't know what to do. So I wobbled in my indecision and had to put my feet down to keep my balance. I stopped. Just coming up the hill about a block away was the garbage truck. The truck makes extra noise as it picks up and shakes the contents out of each bin into the truck. The extra noise made the truck seem closer than it was. Once my eyes and ears were synchronized, I could proceed.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...