Friday, July 31, 2009

Green Beans Galore


I knew that my green beans would be ready soon so I went out to the garden last night with a plastic bag prepared to pick a few. A few?! I had green beans galore. I picked over 5 pounds of green beans. Who planted all these beans? Who thought two rows would be the right amount? I did. The seed manufacturers put so many seeds in the package that I tend to plant more than I need. I only planted half the package. Lucky for me I work where I do. I set a big bag of green beans on the break room table along side a big bag of extra leaf lettuce. The free vegetables were gone right away and appreciated very much. Note to self: Bush Blue Lake green beans - one row will be more than enough.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...