Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle


When I was a kid, I hung outside a lot.  My Mom was one of those "Play Outside!" parents.   So we played outside.  We could come in for meals and to use the bathroom, but we basically lived outside.  I was very fortunate to grow up next door to my grandparents.  I had an aunt who was my age and some uncles who were a little older.  I am sure I was an annoying seven year old girl when I followed my Uncle Ray around the yard.  If he was outside, I was there.  And he, being a young man, also didn't want to spend much time in the house with his parents.  I watched him work on  his Corvair that he had parked at the curb.  I waited for him to come home and watched him leave.  The poor guy.  He couldn't shake a shadow like me.  I remember him being a jolly young man.  He was always humming or singing that Tex Ritter song, "I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle."

RIP Uncle Ray!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...