Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle


When I was a kid, I hung outside a lot.  My Mom was one of those "Play Outside!" parents.   So we played outside.  We could come in for meals and to use the bathroom, but we basically lived outside.  I was very fortunate to grow up next door to my grandparents.  I had an aunt who was my age and some uncles who were a little older.  I am sure I was an annoying seven year old girl when I followed my Uncle Ray around the yard.  If he was outside, I was there.  And he, being a young man, also didn't want to spend much time in the house with his parents.  I watched him work on  his Corvair that he had parked at the curb.  I waited for him to come home and watched him leave.  The poor guy.  He couldn't shake a shadow like me.  I remember him being a jolly young man.  He was always humming or singing that Tex Ritter song, "I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle."

RIP Uncle Ray!

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...