Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Is Officially Here

Wasn't that me last night who was outside until 10 p.m. trying to get her car into the garage?  Wasn't that me cursing the soggy snow that clung to my shovel?  Wasn't that me kneeling at the snow pushed up by the plow because I had to give up on the shovel and move the snow boulders by hand?  Well, yes, that was me. Not my finest moment.  But today is different. Today I heard the "Tah - wheeeeee!" of the red winged blackbird.  For this bird, hearing it is more important than seeing it.  That sound, that "Tah - wheeee" is my harbinger of spring.  The sound of the red wings are back.  Spring has officially sprung.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...