Monday, March 28, 2011

Wolves In The House

I have been working on a capstone project for my last Master naturalist class.  This project involves enhancing the entrance garden at the Wildlife Science Center near Forest Lake.  A group of four are working together.  We trimmed up the garden, added native plants, and mulch last summer.  We labeled the plants.  Everything looks much nicer.  The biggest eyesore is the propane tank.  We thought about painting the tank.  Instead we're going to draw the eyes away from the tank with the strategic placement of wolf shadows.  I've had five wolf plywood cutouts in my house since last December.  One of them scratched me on my leg and left a scar.  Wolves are dangerous.  I sanded the wolves and primed them.  I recently finished painting them with black enamel paint.  We have two of the howling wolf and two of the wolf looking forward and only one of the wolf looking back. I had a little fun while painting.  I'd say, "Open wide, let me paint your teeth."  or "I know this spot under your tail is sensitive but this will only take a minute."  I think they look pretty good.  Now all we have to do is get some fence posts or leaning stands and take them out to Forest Lake.  Keep an eye out for the black wolves if you ever visit the Wildlife Science Center.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...