Monday, February 6, 2012

One Thing I Like About Winter

Tilt your head a little to the left side so the photo doesn't look crooked.
I know I talk much about preferring spring over winter but this winter has been positively balmy.  As I walked my trash out to the street this weekend I realized I have not spent any time shoveling the driveway. Not once have I shoveled my driveway this season.  Not.  Even.  Once.  Unbelievable.   I swept the sidewalk a couple times but not the driveway.  How have I spent all that free time not shoveling? I have no idea, probably not wisely.  If our winter this year is like a winter in Cleveland, I could live in Cleveland without complaint.  This past Saturday I enjoyed the hoarfrost.  As I drove past, I noticed the hoar frost was thicker on the north sides of the trees than the south sides.  The thickness of the frost added to the beauty of the landscape.  This picture shows the huge swamp off Highway 10 that Coon Creek flows through.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...