Monday, February 20, 2012

Time To Move

 A BFF gave me this.  She sewed it herself.
This has to come along.
I don't know how long exactly I've worked in the same office but I think it's between 15 and 20 years.  When our agency moved into this building, I was assigned this office.  At first I had a desk.  Later we all got modular furniture with a 3 sided work space, overhead bins, upright file cabinets and a large lateral file cabinet. I didn't really need all that storage space but somehow when you've got it, you use it.  People gave me things and because I had the space, I kept it.  But now I am moving.  I will still have an office.  The new office has one huge advantage - a window to the outside. No longer will I be like a coal miner.  No longer will I be surprised by the weather at the end of the day.  I doubt having a window will improve my time on task - at least not at first.  I am looking forward to having a window.  With the southern exposure, my office might be warmer and I won't need to use my electric throw like I do every day in my current office.  My view will be of a large parking lot.  The disadvantage will be the loss of my current office neighbor.  He and I have been office neighbors forever.  After all these years we know each other's patterns, habits, likes and dislikes.  We have each other's back.  We can communicate without words.  All I can say is, when I move to my office, he better not make best friends with the new office occupant - at least not right away.  I will have a new office neighbor and that might work out just fine.  I will be positive about this move.  But this week, as I move, I need to make some decisions on stuff.  Do I keep the 23 years of calendars?  Will I need to know, some day in the future, what I was doing on February 20, 1991?  Tomorrow I will post more pictures of stuff I have in my office.  Maybe you can help me decide what stays and what goes.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...