Friday, February 17, 2012

A Wish Come True

Sometimes at work I will hear a page asking me to come to the front office.  Ever Pollyanna like, I think to myself, "Maybe someone sent me flowers."  Never have I gotten flowers.  When I get up there I am usually faced with a problem or a misunderstanding.  Once I was even served papers.  Such circumstances can make a person dread the walk to the office to find out why I was paged. So I keep hoping for flowers.  Today my name was paged.  As I left my desk I told my office neighbor I was hoping for flowers.  When I got to the office I didn't see anybody with a problem.  I saw a tall package wrapped in paper.   FLOWERS!  AND THEY WERE FOR ME!  Okay, it was a single yellow rose with lots of baby's breath but my wish had come true.  I couldn't believe it.  I started to tear up.  Earlier this week I had told some people how I always wish for flowers when my name is paged.  One very kind and generous coworker thought about that and decided to get me some flowers.  Isn't she wonderful?  I am so lucky.  Never have I seen a more beautiful yellow rose.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

That's because you are such a good friend to several people but that coworker in particular! Enjoy that yellow rose. That is my favorite colored rose.
I could use one about now. Got a very disturbing call from my mom's nursing home that she is in congestive heart failure and we need to prepare for the worse. I am so grateful to both my kids and granddaughter for dropping everything and driving to my home town to be with my mom. I really wanted to fly there but my sister who is here in AZ has talked me out of it and told me to just think about all the good quality time we had with mom each time we visited with her before we came here and then she wasn't sick. That is keeping me going because there really isn't anything we can do there but sit in her room and watch her take each breath. Staci has sent me a couple pictures and one I don't care for but one I will cherish for always. It's of Emilee holding my mom's hand and telling her I love her. Awe!
Meds and food have been stopped and she is taking very little liquids. An IV to dehydrate her was mentioned but we were told it would cause more fluids on her lungs so as long as she seems to be comfortable we decided against putting her through that. My brother is there too and all his kids have been there at intervals so mom has lots of love surrounding her. The nurse I talked to said she has not known people for a few days. Sad time and I know you especially know that for just losing your mom. Mom's birthday is Feb 28th and she will be 95. I think she is very ready to be with my dad and my sister. We know her final wishes so that's all taken care of. Just a matter of time.
Love you Sue,
You deserve that rose!

Sue said...

Oh, Dianne, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know this is a hard time for you. For 95 years her heart has been pumping steadily. She is a determined woman to have lived that long. But even though she is sick and can't know her visitors, I'm sure you are not ready to let her go. Hang in there. Love you too.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...