Sunday, July 21, 2013

Love Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry

I went to a 16th birthday party today and thought back to my own birthday party when I was 16.  My girlfriend and I went with another couple to a movie in Minneapolis.  He drove a yellow Camaro with a stick shift.  My girlfriend and I sat in the back.  We went to see "Love Story," starring Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal.  The movie is a romantic tragedy with Ali McGraw growing ever more beautiful as she dies from some unnamed disease (probably leukemia); a tear jerker if there ever was one.  Being a 16 year old girl who's sister died of leukemia, I probably cried more tears than the average viewer.  I loved this movie. I didn't like it when the doctor told the husband the full diagnosis but not the patient.  She figured things out though, eventually.  I should put it on my netflix queue so I can view it again through my adult eyes and compare my thoughts about love from then to now.  The main quote from the movie was "Love means never having to say you're sorry."  I don't think that is true at all now.  Such nonsense was easier to swallow when I was 16.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...