Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Peas

 
This is the advice that my neighbor gave me regarding the fox bothering my chickens word for word.  If you knew him you'd know I'm not making this up.  This is what he wrote in an email: As to the fox, try this.  Dig you a Fox Trap!  Based on your estimate of the size of your prey, dig a hole slightly larger than its length and width and four or more times its height.  Sprinkle some hardwood ashes into the pit.  Place dry, easily breakable sticks over it.  Only enough to support leaves and clippings to disguise the trap.  Use frozen (canned will do) peas around the firm edge.  Hide in a nearby cover.  When the fox comes around to take a pea, kick it in the ash hole.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

OH FGS that is an old one but still funny! LOL

Sue said...

You've heard it before? I never have.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...