Friday, September 20, 2013

Frozen

Mary Casanove wrote Frozen, another novel lent to me by my kindly neighbors.  This story takes place in the northwest angle, or the chimney cap of the state of Minnesota.  At first I thought this book was oddly written. Then I realized it was young adult fiction and the writing style made more sense.  I liked the descriptions of the lakes, islands and forests.  I especially liked the description of the Kettle Falls Hotel.  Twenty nine years ago I visited that hotel with it's oddly slanted dining room floor.  Was this a great book?  No, not by a long shot.  But it was entertaining and helped me pass the time.  Sadie Rose is the main character.  As a 15 year old orphan she tries to literally find her voice and her family.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...