Thursday, September 26, 2013

Planning a Reward

I am looking ahead to better days.  Much better days when I won't have to take antibiotics.  Better days when I won't have to spend 15 minutes every morning preparing my leg with gauze, sterile saline and ace wraps.  Better days when I am allowed to (joy of joys) take a shower.  I have much to be grateful for and I know it. My leg looks better now than it has since early July.  The lump is smaller; smaller than my knee.  A shin injury is easy to dress and more dignified than many other body parts; also easy to cover with clothes. And I've been able to work all but five of the days since I fell.  And I have a sedentary job that makes it possible for me to sit with my leg elevated.  But still, when this is over I deserve a treat. My injury happened just shy of three months ago.  What kind of treat is commensurate to what I have been through?  A party?  No.  Too much work for me.  Buy myself something new?  I can't think of anything I want.  Road trip?  Yeah, ROAD TRIP! I think a road trip is a good way to celebrate the end of this abscess/cellulitis/giant hematoma/open wound.  Where, how and when I don't know.  All I do know is why I deserve a road trip. . . . . . . .  Where to go?  How will I get there?  All pleasant questions to ponder.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...