Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest Time

On Sunday I harvested the garden.  Considering I haven't even entered the garden since late June and we had a drought in July and August, I'm lucky to have anything at all to harvest.  I dug up up two rows of russet potatoes and two rows of yukon gold potatoes.  The russets were larger in size.  I had a bumper crop of marble sized potatoes this year.  I dug up four rows of carrots and have enough for one good batch of carrot soup.  I harvested one green cabbage and one tiny pumpkin.  Several tiny cobs of corn were found and each a half dozen kernels on them.  The chickens enjoyed those.  I think my harvest was rather rich considering how little attention the garden got this year.  Fortunately for me I chose to put my tomato plants in pots by the garage door.  Those I did keep watered so I had a good harvest of tomatoes and basil and parsley this year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...