Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blood Hollow

My book club read Blood Hollow by William Kent Krueger.    Earlier this summer we read another book by the same author and we compared the two novels.  This author lives in St. Paul and this story is based in a small town on the Iron Range of Minnesota.  This book is a mystery.  And mysteries are not my favorite. I don't like the planting of clues and red herrings.  This mystery book was different.  Instead of leading you to suspect many characters, this author led us to suspect one character at a time.  At first we're sure it's the chief of police.  Then he is innocent of murder but not other things.  Then we suspect the Catholic priest and then we don't.  Next we suspect the father of the victim and then we don't although.  Turns out the murderer is, well, I've probably already said too much.  You might want to read this story for yourself because it was an entertaining read.  The story is complicated; a mixture of very wounded sick people and healthy, loving families.  As always our discussion was lively and stimulating.  Even though I wasn't feeling the best and had to sit in those small plastic child-sized school chairs, the time flew by and I was glad I went. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...