Thursday, December 5, 2013

Can't Stand It

Yesterday I read an article in the Star Tribune that made my blood boil.  Here is the link:http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/234337801.html

So the elected representatives in our state legislature said the reason they can't get along and get much work done is because they can't enjoy a free lunch together.  They are proposing to change the laws that allow them to attend banquets put on by various lobby groups.  If they could attend banquets and free meals, then they could do the job they're paid to do.
 
The opinions on this free lunch debate are not partisan in nature.  It's strictly party goers and people who don't go to parties.
 
I just can't stand it. 
 
How can people be so outrageously selfish and expect to be reelected? 
 
Kindergartners are expected to get along.  And they have to bring or buy their own lunch!
 
I have to stop thinking about this or I will blow a gasket. 

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I read that online too yesterday and thought WTH!!!!
Seems they can't do anything without some free benefits to them. Guess that is the legislature MN puts up with. I agree with you, they expect to be re-elected! Ya Right!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...