Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mountain Majesty

Today I said good riddance to the frozen tundra; city of lakes and flew to the west coast.  Clouds obscured my view most of the way.  But once we came to the backbone of our continent, the Rocky Mountains, the clouds were pierced and started to dissipate.  The Rockies are mountain majesties but they were more blue and gray and white than purple.  Next came the Grand Canyon which had quite a bit of snow around the edges.  I was on the driver side of the plane so I didn't really see the sun at all until we banked north.  And there was the beautiful sun shooting long rays across the horizon poised just above the Pacific Ocean.  As I watched the sun plopped down into the water and was gone.  What a lovely ride I had.  I had music (American The Beautiful) in my head most of the way until we got to the coast.  Then a new song popped into my noggin.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...