Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pike Place Market

View of Pike Place market - looks like the street is paved in gold cobblestones.

They sell fish at this market.  This is a monkfish.

Eggs are sold here.  Besides chicken eggs, they had quail eggs, emu eggs (dark green) and ostrich eggs (large white on left).  I've never seen emu or ostrich eggs for sale before.
After we got off the USS Nimitz, Offspring #1 and I drove down to Seattle.  I checked into my hotel and we went out for dinner at a pho place.  To avoid the Seattle rush hour we hung out downtown for a couple hours.  We visited Pikes Place market.  Because it was getting close to 6 in the evening the market wasn't as busy and some shops were closed.  There was a lot of fish for sale including crabs, lobster, tuna, and salmon.  As we walked by I glanced behind me and saw a fish go flying through the air over the counter into the arms of a man.  "Did you see that؟" I asked excitedly, "That guy just whipped that fish over the counter!"  I thought that was pretty cool.  We visited all the stores that were open in the market.  Besides fish stores, there were chocolate shops, vinegar shops, coffee shops, and craft shops.  We found a map store and spent an hour in there looking at all the merchandise.  We enjoyed our visit to the Pike Place Market.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...