Friday, January 24, 2014

A Guy Walks Into A Bar

The Access database training went well today.  The two people helping to train me even laughed at my one and only database joke:  A guy walks into a bar.  He sees two tables.  He asks, "May I join you?"  Maybe they were only being kind when they laughed.  I've been saving up database changes since Dec. 18 so I had a big stack of changes to make.  We started making a few changes and found glitches in the program.  Some drop down menus did not work.  Some memo boxes were limited to 250 characters which are not enough some people.  We found this out when one person had "high bloo."  She actually has high blood pressure but the d in blood was the 251st character in the memo box so until that gets fixed she has high bloo.  So that is how the morning went.  I would try and make a change in the database and we'd find problems and my helpers would fix the database.  So I can't actually use it yet.  They're keeping it over the weekend to make more changes and we'll give it a try again next week.  The process was not stressful at all.  (When a IT programmer says "keep it for the weekend," I wonder how long that will be).  #lessgulliblenow

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...