Thursday, January 23, 2014

Access to Access

Tomorrow will be a mentally challenging day for me.  I want to be prepared.  We're migrating the database at work to Access and it's being rolled out tomorrow morning.  When they took our data (in the middle of December) they said it would take 3 or 4 days to migrate.  "Oh, keep it for the weekend!" we said in gullible generosity.  So It's about time this program rolled out.  But as the point person on this project, I have to be mentally ready.  I know these people speak in a different language.  I will have to mentally translate what they say back into English to understand it plus translate my questions into their language when I pose a query question.  It's been a couple of months since our last training on Access. Database!  Primary Keys!  Relationships! How much have I forgotten?  This had better work tomorrow or we are sunk.  I don't want to freak myself out by worrying too much.  If I'm nervous I'll only make it worse.  I'll just do my best.  I'll go to bed early, think positive thoughts, and take an extra fish oil pill before I got to bed. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...