Tuesday, January 21, 2014

One Summer

I read David Baldacci's One Summer last week.  I never read any of his books before.  I thought he was one of those guys who writes about political assassins and terrorists.  And maybe he is but this book was a melodramatic, simpering piece of light literature that reminds me of Nicholas Sparks.  Well, it wasn't quite as bad as Nicholas Sparks but it was closer than I would like.  Some unnamed incurable illness is cured?  C'mon!  After the high stress week at work though I needed something light to distract me and to cleanse my mind of "Legislature Speak" and the stress of watching our paperwork standards at work swing like a pendulum back in time to 15 years ago.  Although I wouldn't highly recommend this book, it did serve a purpose for me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...