Sunday, January 19, 2014

Everybody Needs A Little Green In Their Life

I had a need to see something green and living.  Plus I wanted to feel some heat and humidity.  No better place to go than the Como Conservatory - one of my favorite places.

She has a body I never had and never will have.

Colorful amaryllis

Some kind of lily

Another nude.  This one is in the sunken garden.

This flower is very large.

The reflection of the pot above the water was better in person than in the photo.

Check out these striped leaves.

I like how the sunlight shines on the leaves.

The sun is bright today.

Orchid orchid

White orchid

It pays to look up sometimes.

The leaves are so shiny in the sun.

This leaf was at least a yard long.

A red flower hangs over the goldfish pool.

Yum!  A chocolate tree.

These leaves are 10 feet long!

Moss hanging from the tree.

Bold koi, not coy koi

These vines must be crazy!  They seem to want to grow their way out the window.  Don't they know how cold it is out there?

This leaf is camouflaged.

My Mom called these "little boys."

Loved these leaves with the thick white veins.

Interesting texture to the bark on this palm.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...