Friday, January 31, 2014

Roasted Broccoli

Ingredients:  One bunch fresh broccoli cleaned and separated into bite sized pieces, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic minced, salt and pepper to taste
Directions:  Add all ingredients to a clean plastic bag.  Shake contents until fully mixed.  Spread broccoli on a non-stick flat cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

This broccoli is really good.  Although I'm a vegetarian, broccoli isn't a favorite of mine.  But I made it last night and it was so delicious I ate almost the entire amount with my supper.  I had about a cup left over.  I took my left over  broccoli to work.  At about 10 o'clock I thought I'd have a little healthy snack at my desk.  So I opened my tupperware container of broccoli.  Maybe it was a little smelly.  As I munched away on my healthy broccoli I heard my boss say, "Does anyone smell natural gas?"  I kept working.  I heard other people say, "I smell eggs."  and "I smell sauerkraut."  My boss says, "Sue, come out here and tell me if you smell gas."  I go out there.  By now I'm suspecting my broccoli is more pungent than I thought.  My snack could be the reason for all this concern about natural gas.  So what is my plan of action?  Confess to having a smelly snack?  Heck no.  I say, "I can't smell anything." and go back to my snack.  My boss can't let it go though.  He has the receptionist call the maintenance department.  I snicker and put my evidence empty tupperware away.  Ten minutes later, as I'm leaving the office, I see our kindly maintenance man coming in the door holding a can of air freshener.  OMG, I had better eat my broccoli at home or in the lunchroom from now on.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...