Thursday, June 9, 2016

I Can't Even Guess Anymore

I used to think, "If only I paid more attention to my chickens, I would be able to tell which eggs are from which chicken."  I don't think that any more. This picture shows the variety of egg from the one, the only, Chicken Caruso.  The darkest egg on the right side of the photo is the oldest egg; maybe a month old. The egg on the far left is from today.  All eggs came from the same chicken.  One chicken lays eggs that vary in color that much?  From light caramel brown to tan?  No longer do I think I even have an chance to guess which hens lays which eggs.  In the middle of next month I will receive more chicks.  I  know that that Americanaus will lay eggs what are blue or green and the Polish will lay eggs  that are white. Other than that, Chicken Caruso has taught me I can't even guess more than that.  I should be surprised. As a mother I had one blonde, hazel eyed kid with spiral curls and another with auburn hair, hazel eyes, and straight hair.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...