Friday, June 9, 2017

All Of Us and Everything

I have this habit of choosing books from the library shelf that the librarian has set upright and sideways.  All of Us and Everything by Bridget Asher was standing sideways on the shelf and my book selecting process struck gold again. The book is mainly about a woman and her three daughters plus one granddaughter. The Rockwells were not the typical family. There are men in the story but this is a woman's book. The main theme is personal honesty and since honesty is so important to these woman it explains their communication style. The way these women talk to each other! I am known for my bluntness from time to time but I am nothing like the women in this family.  If blunt is to subtle like a big bite of a peanut butter sandwich is to a nibble of a peanut butter sandwich, the women in this book stuff their mouths with three peanut butter sandwiches and swallow them without chewing. The thing is, a person can be blunt and still not be honest.  I was sad to come to the end of this book. To be frank, some of the funny scenes, I suspect, were written for the movie version. I don't know if there is a movie version of the book coming out but if there is the props department has a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...