Saturday, June 17, 2017

Is This A Black and Blue World?

As I drove Offspring #2 to the airport this morning she said she likes the way I leap ahead with my words when I talk.  I had no idea what she meant. So she explained that when I hesitate between words she thinks I am editing out the profanity. I do that.  Sometimes, yes I do think a vulgarity but keep it to myself.  I am way more profane in my thoughts than in my words.  But in this case my hesitation wasn't to allow time for the vulgar word not to be spoken.  This time I hesitated because I was gathering my thoughts.  The sentence I said was, "Some people cannot understand that you can support (pause) blue lives matter and (pause) black lives matter.  This is not a (pause) black and blue world."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...