Monday, June 26, 2017

Unwanted, Uninvited and Rude!

I had an unwanted, uninvited and rude visitor.  I don't know how long it has been visiting the top of my left wrist but now my evening will involve a trip to urgent care. I thought it was a grain of coffee at first.  Grains of coffee flick off with a finger.  This one was biting me so no amount of flicking moved it. It was so small I couldn't believe it was a tick at first.  My magnifying glasses didn't help at first but eventually I saw a tiny leg. I put the tick in a piece of tape inside an envelope. Now I have ticker tape. The CDC website recommends seeing a doctor.  The nurse line advised me to see a doctor.  So I guess I will see a doctor. I know they're going to ask me, "How long has it been on there?" I use so much of my limited amount of patience to honestly answer that I don't know instead of saying, "Well, I saw the little feller bit me last week Thursday about 7:30 p.m. but I decided to let it stay on there just in case it was hungry."  The question to me, as a possible Lyme Disease patient is as ridiculous as "Where did you leave it?" is to someone who has lost their phone.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...