Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Bumpy!

Outside my office is a parking lot. I noticed on Monday morning that speed bumps were installed.  Drivers were not stopping at the stop sign at the end of the lane.  It was dangerous. We proposed adding flashing lights to the stop sign but research says people ignore stop signs with and without flashing lights.  So they put in speed bumps. One of the speed bumps is right outside my window. I haven't driven over it yet but people say it is a high bump.  I would say so! I have seen cars go over that thing and I think the driver put a dent in the roof with her head.  I saw a baby just about fly out of a stroller and the parent stopped to check to see if the baby was okay.  I saw a woman who used a walker get stuck on the bump and her companion had to help her out. I saw the Transit Link vehicle bounce on that bump.  Most entertaining of all was the Metro Transit city bus!  Wow!  Those buses can really bounce. I had no idea how much a bus can bounce. Today I saw another city bus take that bump so slowly it actually stopped at the apex and had to give it some gas to go down again. From my comments you might think I spend all day looking out the window.  I don't.  I am working as hard as ever.  These are things I see out of the corner of my eye or while walking to and from my car.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...