Friday, August 17, 2018

BOOM!

So far this summer I have put almost 600 miles on my motorcycle. I have taken only short trips mostly to work and back.Ever since the tune-up I got this summer, my bike, normally an extra loud farting machine when decelerating and shifting from fourth gear down to third gear, has been very quiet.  I have heard a few gentle puffs come out of it but nothing like the loud backfires it/I/we used to make. I thought perhaps the brand new air filter made the difference. But tonight, as I came around the curve on Highway 47 and shifted down into third gear in the right turn lane onto 164th my bike let out a sound like a gunshot. BOOM! I broke the sound barrier. I found the backfiring experience to be very satisfying.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...