Friday, August 24, 2018

Making the Most of Summer

I dread to admit it but I am seeing signs of fall. I see red leaves on the woodbine. I see scads of cucumber vines draping trees and fences like garland on a holiday tree.  I see fewer swallows in the air. The crickets are chirping.  I have fewer ants in my house.  Acorns are falling from the trees and hitting me in the head. Some of my favorite paths have so many acorns it is painful and loud to walk on them. The pumpkins are changing to orange. A few leaves have fallen from the trees.  No matter!  I am bound and determined to make the most of this summer.  I am going to put more miles on the motorcycle and more nights in the tent and more hours in the kayak!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...