Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Summer Vegetables

This week was week 11 of getting a box of fresh vegetables from my farmer on Monday nights.  Actually this week I got a box AND a bag.  In the bag was a delicious watermelon that would have been too heavy for the box.  The box already had two acorn squash, a zucchini, a yellow squash, a bag of Hungarian hot wax peppers, a good amount of red potatoes, a half dozen roma tomatoes and two extra large slicing tomatoes. So far this year I have made use of all the vegetables. I have sauerkraut going.  I made 4 jars of refrigerator pickles.  I used or dried all the herbs. I try to supplement by buying fewer vegetables at the store.  I cannot live without onion and garlic.  If I buy an onion at the store chances are I will get onions in the box. Last weekend I bought garlic at the store and sure enough, now I have garlic in my CSA box. So if you run into me and are surprised by the astounding smell or garlic emanating from my pores, you now know why.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...