Monday, August 6, 2018

Primitive!

We all make decisions on how to spend out time, resources, and energy. Some people work. Others exercise. Some people travel. Some people watch the Kardashians on television. I chose to do something very tiring, strenuous, difficult, challenging yet still enjoyable.  Not every single second was enjoyable but most of it was enjoyable. I am glad to be back home where I have the luxury of refrigeration, a soft mattress with clean sheets, a toilet that flushes and toilet paper right at hand, clean water from the tap, a microwave and an oven, a variety of food to eat, and several vehicles to choose from if I want to go somewhere. Also, I own quite a few pairs of shoes so I can switch out if my feet start hurting.  I just returned from four days on Isle Royale where we went backpack camping.  I am talking primitive camping here. I will offer more information on that historic trip some day when I can keep my eyes open and my brain focused better than I can today.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...