Monday, September 24, 2018

An Exciting Dawn of the Day

This morning I was walking around the house getting ready for work.  At about 5:30 a.m. I heard a barred owl hooting pretty close to my house, possibly just across the side street. The sun wasn't up yet but I went to the window anyway to look. Next I heard it hoot even closer. I am pretty sure it was in my yard on the east side of the lot. My eye brows went up. Next I heard it hoot from a spot on the west side of my yard. How exciting. The owl hooted again and at the same time another barred owl started making what I call the monkey sounds.  I had two barred owls in my yard this morning.  I turned on the flood light on the deck but did not see any owls. What was going on out there?  Was this an excited form of bonding going on?  Was it a couple or a parent/child out there? Why were they so excited by the dawn of this particular day?


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...