Saturday, September 29, 2018

Walk for Hope

Today I went on an organized walk to support the Alexandria House. I think this is the third or fourth time I have done this walk at Bunker Hills Park in Coon Rapids.  Three of us walked together this time.  I got a free flu shot from the  Walgreens table.  I had about five layers on because I wanted to get warm and when I had to get down to the camisole layer for the nurse with the needle I had goose bumps on top of other goose bumps.   I  might look a little chubby in the photo because I got some other shirts for a couple of other coworkers who couldn't make it so instead of carrying them I put them on because I was so cold.  It was 38 degrees this morning!  We were freezing out there in the wind.  Some moments were especially sad. I groaned out loud when the name of a woman I worked with was read.  I had to cry.  I just had to. Then the music started playing.  Dogs were barking.  Babies were crying.  We soon cheered up and marched on the trails together talking and laughing and having a good old time.  I wish our society was different so we didn't have to have things like the Walk for Hope or the Alexandria House.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...