Sunday, September 30, 2018

Squash

 Last week I baked a butternut squash.  I really struggle cutting a hard squash in half before baking it so this one I baked whole and that was a lot easier. I added nutmeg and cinnamon and butter and milk and a couple eggs and ate it in a casserole. Besides an acorn squash in the freezer I still have 8 squash left. Three of the squash I grew myself in my own garden.  I might get another squash tomorrow in my final box of vegetables from my CSA farmer.  So I had to do something to reduce the number of squash.  Squash has never been my favorite vegetable.  I do like a spicy squash soup and I have more than enough to make a lot of soup.  I took one of the home grown squash today and I made it into a cake. I found a recipe on line that called for one cup of grated squash. The cake turned out pretty tasty. I put a little extra ginger, cinnamon and allspice in it so it taste like a spicy spice cake. In any case, only 7 more squashes to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...