Monday, September 10, 2018

The Company We Keep

I listened to The Company We Keep: A Husband-And-Wife True-Life Spy Story. One chapter was red to me by Robert (Bob) Baer and the next by Dayna Baer. I think it's always interesting to hear the author read the book to me.  Bob and Dayna met in Bosnia where they were both working for the Central Intelligence Agency. They were spies.  They led lives of adventure and intrigue while although exciting, is hard on the relationships a person has with the people who really matter. If a person doesn't take the time to nuture a relationship, to invest time and effort, the connection can wither and die like a pumpkin on a vine during a drought. I never thought of being a spy myself. I am not a good liar and I definitely do not have a poker face. Both of the Baers decided their spying career was a time-limited occupation and have left the business now.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...