Monday, October 1, 2018

Anoka County Riot Control

I decided a while ago to have my septic tank pumped.  I wasn't having any problems. The recommended time between septic tank pumping is three years and I was way overdue.  I called several companies and finally connected with one that is local to me.  I signed up for the first one of the day.  I thought I would be a couple hours late to work and would have to pay less than $500.  I was wrong and wrong again. S__t happens, as they say. When he opened the manhole (sexist term!) cover he saw the level of liquid was above the floats. He asked if my lift pump alarm sounded.  I said it did not.  He thought the circuit box had been tripped. I went to look.  Yes, it was tripped. I flipped that circuit breaker on and a loud ugly noise turned on. I went outside to tell him about the loud noise when I saw there was smoke coming out of the hole in the ground. We were both astounded at the sight of smoke coming out of a deep cistern of human waste. He pulled the plug on the pump which you can see in the photo there in the upper left corner. He said the lift pump must have burned out and turned off the circuit breaker. He was sorry to inform me that septic tank lift pumps are $800.  I raised an eyebrow, shrugged, and said, "It's only money."  As my septic tank issues were resolved I did yard work and chicken duties.  I was only 3 1/2 hours late for work.  As I paid my bill I saw on the side of the truck were the words "Anoka County Riot Control." Sometimes when people riot they are sprayed with liquid from a truck. If anyone aimed liquid from that truck on me I would turn and run home mighty quick. I am thankful this problem was discovered now. I would not want the liquid from that septic tank backing up into my basement this winter.  No, thank you!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...