Monday, October 29, 2018

Words

There is a game on facebook called "Words With Friends."  Similar to Scrabble, you play games against an opponent.  When the game first came out I played against Offspring #2.  I lost most of those games. Offspring #2 decided words with friends was a waste of time so we quit playing.  Perhaps that is true that the game is a waste of time but I am still playing.  I play against my cousin. We have six games going today.  Once or twice a day we add a word to each of the games. She has a degree in nursing so she has the advantage of medical terminology. One day she played the word aureole so, even though the word I played wasn't the most points, I played anus just because I thought it was another medical word and somewhat funny.  I love playing with my cousin. I really admire her.  I am a much better player than she is. I have won probably 97% of the hundreds of games we have played but she keeps plugging along. I think most people would get discouraged by loosing so many times.  Not her.  She told me if she looses by less than 100 points she counts it as a win. Her husband told me that on the rare occasion that she does win a game, she does a happy dance all around the house. So now, when I loose a game, I picture her doing the happy dance and her husband looking up at her and smiling and that makes me feel very good.  How long will we keep playing Words With Friends? I do not know the answer to that but I hope it is a long time.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...