Sunday, October 7, 2018

Cold Feet!

I had a plan to hang up my kayak in the garage today. And I did hang it up in the garage.  But before that I took it over to Crooked Lake and paddled around.  I was cold.  I was so cold I went fast and now I have a blister on my right hand. The water temperature was about 50 degrees and my toes were pink and cold.  After a while the coldness of the water seeped into the plastic of the kayak and my rear end was cold too.  I saw many things though to keep me entertained and my thoughts off of being cold. I was staring at this bunch of mallards for a long time before I saw the great blue heron.  I also saw an eagle, some kind of warbler, and a flock of seven Canadian geese that flew right over my head.

This is the public beach on Crooked Lake where I used to take my offspring swimming many, many years ago.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...