Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween

Normally I don't dress in costume at work.  I had a conversation with a young, red haired geologist this weekend and she gave me the idea to wear a blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a red scarf in my hair.  So I did that. A few people recognized who I was but not everyone.  At the gym after work I saw a T-Rex on the treadmill with a young boy on his back and that was pretty funny.  The inflatable dinosaur costume went up to his waist and he held the reins on the T Rex as he walked along. When someone clapped for him I just had to clap too.  You ever try clapping your hands on the stairmaster?  It's not easy!  I almost fell off.  The funniest costume I saw today was a duo at work.  One of the guys I work with is clean shaven, brawny muscles, a shaved head, and pierced ears. Sometimes he wears a white tshirt.  In my mind I have called him Mr. Clean for years but never told him that. He tends to wear sports clothing.  Another guy usually has a beard, has long brown hair, wears jeans, eye glasses, a tshirt or a plaid shirt.  These two guys work closely together every day.  Today they dressed up as each other.  The Mr. Clean look alike shaved his beard and shoved his hair under a ball cap.  He wore a sports jersey and shorts.  The actual Mr.  Clean guy wore jeans, a plaid shirt, eye glasses, a wig and a fake beard and mustache.  I come down the hall at work this morning to the sound of much laughter so I go to check it out.  These two guys look at me. My jaw drops.  I bust a gut.The looks on their faces was just hilarious.  All day long people are laughing at these two very creative fellows.  Halloween these days is not as fun as when the  offspring were young. No one comes to my door to ask for candy anymore.  Actually I hope they don't because I didn't even buy any this year. I think my driveway is just too long and dark and scary.  Many of the kids around here go to churches for something called trunk and treat.  Overall,though, I have to say this Halloween was a pretty good Halloween.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...