Thursday, November 1, 2018

Guess What I Saw!

Today on my walk around Laddie Lake in Blaine I heard a group of three crows angrily shouting.  I looked up to see what they were shouting at. There was a great horned owl. A GREAT HORNED OWL! At 11 a.m. I was looking a great horned owl in an oak tree with rusty orange leaves and a blue sky.  The owl was looking at me. The picture I took is not great but if you look close at the middle tree you will see a branch off to the left about a quarter of the way down the trunk.  Above and below that branch to the left of the tree you can see two crows.  The owl is sitting on the branch close to the trunk midway between the two crows.  I stood in utter awe of this amazing sight. The owl looked down at me. Then the owl spread it's wings and flew around the oak tree farther back in the park to another tree that had no leaves on it. The three crows followed it and began harassing it there. Holy smoke, was I a lucky duck today!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...