Monday, November 19, 2018

What Part of the Cow Do Pork Chops Come From?

I talked to a friend today who disclosed that her father worked at the Polar Meat Market on Snelling Avenue. Suddenly my memory takes me back to 9th grade.  Our home ec class is on a tour of the meat market.  A butcher is there showing us what meats are from what part of the cow.  He shows us the rib, the sirloins, the round steaks, and the T-bones.  My new best friend is standing next to me and she raises her hand to ask a question.  The butcher calls on her to ask her question.  She asks, "What part of the cow do the pork chops come from?" I was astonished that she didn't know that pork chops come from pigs.  The butcher was nice though.  He didn't laugh.  He took her question seriously and answered her with all seriousness. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...