Friday, November 30, 2018

A Dozen Eyes On Me

Last night after work I came home to find some snow in my driveway.  I could have shoveled it. Instead I drove back and forth up and down the driveway 4 times to pack it down. That is why my car was in the garage facing outwards this morning.  I opened the garage door this morning and turned on the car. My headlights come on automatically.  Straight ahead of me I see 12 wide eyes looking back. Six deer were looking at me. Three were standing and three were lying down. This was a strange sight to behold first thing in the morning. I carefully proceeded out of the garage slowly so as not to disturb them. The ones who were lying down didn't get up. The three who stood started walking away as soon as I turned my car to the right and they weren't staring into the headlights anymore.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...