Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Ginseng Hunter

I am not sure why I picked up this little book called The Ginseng Hunter by Jeff Talarico. I think the cover drew me in.  Also the size was right.  I wanted a little book to read for a change. This story is set in Korea and it is about a solitary man. The man is a farmer and he hunts for ginseng to sell. He is across the river from North Korea. The North Korean guards study him and know all his habits. He is just a man doing the best he can. He farms and hunts and eats and sleeps. Sometimes he goes to town. He studies nature. He never travels very far from home.  His life sounds boring but it isn't. His life is actually full of drama.  I liked this book. I felt as if I was living in the mountains of Korea as I read it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...