Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Small Hotel

A Small Hotel is the first book I have read by Robert Olen Butler.  If you listen to the audio version you can hear the author's voice reading his own words. The story is about a couple, Michael and Kelly. They meet at Mardi Gras. The hotel is also in New Orleans. The hotel is the Olivier House which is an actual hotel located in the French Quarter. The story is about the people more than the hotel.  I liked the book but I have one complaint. The word tits is used about a hundred million times.  I know Mardi Gras can be crass but if I never hear that word again it will be too soon.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...