Saturday, November 10, 2018

Mouse In House

Today I made a list of chores. I started doing the chores so I could enjoy crossing them off the list.  Go to the bank. Check. Feed the birds.  Check. Feed the chickens. Check. Give chickens fresh bedding.  Check. Shovel the sidewalk. Check. To shovel the sidewalk I had to move a big old black walnut log off the sidewalk where it sat all summer long. I rolled it down the hill toward my boulder.  I tried to lift it on top of the boulder.  That did not work. The log was too heavy so I let it sit beside the boulder. The boulder and the walnut log can sit together all winter.  As I walked by the blue bird house I thought I would open it so no mice would live there all winter. I opened the house and saw a mossy nest. As I moved the mossy nest a pink mouse snout poked out of the moss.  I yelled and put it back. I said aloud, "Don't live in this house. Also, don't live in my yellow house. I am not sure what I want from you but seriously, do not live in the yellow house."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...