Monday, November 26, 2018

Moonglow

I just finished Moonglow by Michael Chabon this morning on my morning drive to work.  I really enjoyed Chabon's previous book, The Yiddish Policeman's Union so I thought I would enjoy this one too. This book was published in 2016 and includes some of the death bed memories of the author's grandfather. His grandfather was a remarkable man who was very interested in science, rockets, our moon and outer space. The story jumps back and forth in time from the grandfather serving in Europe during world war two to his death bed in the 1980's. Some parts are very sad and others very funny. The grandson's love and respect for his grandfather is very evident in this entertaining story.

No comments:

Rainy Sunday Afternoon

I completed a couple of manicures today.