Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Short But Intense Conversation

Today was window cleaning day at my office. All window ledges needed to be cleared off.  I was in my office when the Squeegee Squad came in. I had a short but most intense conversation during the two minutes it took to clean my window. I started off by complimenting the catchy name of the company. The man wished he had thought of it himself.  I told him I went outside with some Windex and paper towels last month because there were bird droppings on the window and I didn't want to look at that all window.  He said he would take care of it because I shouldn't dirty my hands with that stuff. I told him I am used to it because I have chickens.  He asked if I cooked my chickens. I said I only eat the eggs because I don't eat meat.  Turns out he is becoming a vegetarian too. He told me what he had for breakfast that morning.  By then the windows were clean. He thanked me for the conversation and went on his way to the next window. I was pleased that two strangers could connect in such an real way in so short of a time.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...