Thursday, November 8, 2018

Winter Headquarters Already?

I got home after six o'clock tonight. I went to check on my flock of egg laying chickens.  I opened the egg door.  All the hens were snuggled together all tight in their bed. I politely asked them to move aside. As my hand drew out one warm blue egg I got to thinking - is the going to be the winter headquarters?  I was hoping to move the coop to a fresh spot of territory one or two more times in 2018.  Maybe that won't happen. Maybe winter has set in already and this is going to be where they will stay until spring.  In any case, I used that blue egg already in a batch of corn muffin which turned out to be a most delicious batch of corn muffins.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...